The Village of Versailles Public Works Department works hard to maintain safe driving conditions during a winter snow storm. Here are some helpful guidelines for residents in case of snow accumulation:
· At the onset of a snowstorm, salt is applied to streets to prevent icing.
· Once plowing of snow has begun, several passes will be made on each street to provide curb to curb clearing.
· Depending on the duration of a storm and the amount of snow fall, it may be necessary to repeat the plowing process several times.
· When a snowfall stops, it takes the Village of Versailles Public Works Department approximately 4 - 6 hours to complete the snow-removal process town-wide.
· DO NOT PARK CARS ON THE STREET (If at all possible during an event). This impedes the snow removal process and causes vehicles to be plowed in.
· Shovel snow to the right side of your driveway (facing the street) to minimize the amount of snow entering your driveway.
· Shovel and/or blow snow onto the curb, not into the street.
When a snow removal operation is underway, The Village of Versailles Public Works Department works around the clock to provide the best possible service to the residents of the Village of Versailles. Your assistance during these type of snow events is very much appreciated.